March 06th 2021
This webinar commemorates the International Women’s Day of 8th March. The theme this year is to achieve a more equal future and encouraging women to pursue leadership roles. We believe that a core spiritual well-being, and a practice to sustain our everyday life, and a spiritual lifestyle helps in developing true inner altruistic leadership qualities for all.
Speaker: Mirabai Bush , is the author of Working with Mindfulness, co-creator of Google’s ‘Search Inside Yourself’ program, co-founder of the Centre for Contemplative Mind and Society and a founding board member of the Seva Foundation. At Seva she directed the Seva Guatemala Project and co-developeda retreat program called Sustaining Compassion, Sustaining Earth Some of her literary works include “Contemplation Nation”, “Contemplative practices in Higher Education” and “Walking Each other home,” co-authored with Ram Dass. She teaches contemplative practices
Her spiritual studies include 20 years of Catholic schooling; two years in India with Hindu teacher Neemkaroli Baba; meditation in monasteries with Buddhist teachers Shri S.N. Goenka, Anagarika Munindra and IMS guiding teachers; and studies with Pir Vilayat Khan and Tibetan Buddhist lamas Kalu Rinpoche, Gelek Rinpoche, Tsoknyi Rinpoche and others; and five years of intensive practice in Iyengar yoga and five years of Aikido under Kanai Sensei.
For over 20 years, she has organized, facilitated and taught in retreats, workshops and courses on spirit and action.
- Unique challenge and opportunities for a woman on the spiritual path.
- Prioritizing and balancing the various roles that women have throughout their life.
- Finding the exact balance between exuding confidence and feeling content.
- Nature of emotions and sensitivity with regards to the spiritual journey.
- Women’s role in shaping a more advanced spiritual human race or an advanced humanity.
- Transcending the aspect of spiritual well-being and moving towards spiritual nourishing/thriving
Who Should Attend
Open to all